Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Winter Must Haves ...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
     

Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday and getting ready for Christmas:). As we all know the weather has been great so far out here in NYC. 50 degree weather in December is awesome looks like fall is going to stick around a little longer. I feel like the best time to dress up is in the fall and winter from the comfy over size sweaters to your uggs and even booties. Today I will be showing you guys some of my Winter Must Haves this will include some clothing as well as some makeup pieces. I will have all of the items linked down and the end of the post so you guys can check it out.  So without further or do lets get into the post.



My first item would have to be a faux fur vest. These are trending all over and have become very popular. This would have to be the perfect clothing accessory to really have your outfit pop. I have mine in a pink mauve shade and the color is just perfect, I didn't want to go for the basic black or brown I wanted something that would stand out.

Next is an over sized cardigan. I absolutely love these for those cold winter days. Having one of these are very cozy and its great to pair with some leggings and high boots. This piece I have here is for a more casual look which I really like because most of the time I dress very casually. Besides that who doesn't love cardigans.

This next item I thought was the cutest. Personally i'm not really a big hat person because once my hair is done I hate to cover it up with a hat. This type of head wrap is so awesome instead of covering your whole head it covers a portion and keeps the most important part warm. YOUR EARS. I mean I hate when my ears are cold so this is perfect. They have these in many styles but I chose to go with this white and gold colors because it goes with the majority of my clothing. It was very inexpensive and I am going to rack up on a bunch more.
Of course what is winter without a pair of ugg boots. I mean these have winter written all over them. I love uggs so much they keep my feet so warm throughout the cold months and are very versatile. You can dress them or even dress them down. May I add that they are the most comfortable boots EVER. They come in various styles and colors but I like to stick with the classic short boot in chestnut. To me the chestnut color goes with everything and you can never go wrong with this color. You can find them just about anywhere now and that's even better now.


I have finally found the perfect booties and I couldn't be happier. Booties are very essential for this time of the year. When your out and dressed up booties are the perfect shoe to wear. To me they are very classy and just the go to shoe right now. I have owned a couple but they were always flat so I was on the hunt for a long time for the perfect bootie with a heel. The style I have is very comfortable and they look great on my feet. So if you guys have yet to get some cute booties for that date night or just night out I suggest that you go out and find a pair that you love.

This bag is my favorite must have. I was looking for the perfect black bag that was big enough to carry just about everything and I finally did. I have had this bag for about a month now and it is one of my favorites. I purchased this bag from H&M. Their bags are very sturdy and they can hold a lot of weight. To me black purses are great for the winter because on they go with everything and two it won't get messed up in the snow or rain. I got the bag on sale which I was very happy but H&M has many bags for great prices. Another item I think you should pick while you can.

As for makeup I have 3 items here that work well for me in the winter. One is the Urban Decay all nighter makeup setting spary. Typically in the winter my face gets dry so I love to use this to give my makeup a nice fresh dewy look. Also, my two favorite foundations for the winter which are the L'Oréal True Match Lumi and The EX1 Invisiwear. Both of these foundations have my face looking just natural fresh and hydrated. I specifically use both of these in the winter because my other foundations are very matte and I don't want to have that dry look when the cold air really dries up your skin. They both blend very easily and are affordable. My True Match foundation is in the shade C6 Soft Sable and EX1 I have in F500.
I have recently become obsessed with liquid lipsticks and believe it or not these are the first two I own. I know very late right but I had to just get two to test them out and see if I really would gravitate in liking them. But guys they are really that good. I purchased two Ultra Matte Lips from Colourpop and they blew me away. The two I have are in the shade Tulle and LAX. The Ultra Matte Lips retail for $6 which I believe is really outstanding. To me the matte lips work great for me this winter because they really stay put and having a matte lip is just the way of life right now. I used to love having glossy lips but now I prefer them matte because I can have them on for hours and they won't budge. I recently just placed and order on Colourpop for 4 more Ultra Matte Lips and I cannot wait to receive them. So if you guys haven't tried them and you really don't want to try a high end one Colourpop would be the best way for you to go right now.

Left Tulle, Right LAX


Lastly, if you aren't a girl who likes that matte lips I have three more lippies that were my holy grail for the fall and winter. These lipsticks are from the drugstore and are very affordable. My first lipstick  I have from Maybelline and it is in the shade 955 Espresso Exposed. This shade is a deep burgundy shade and it is absolutely beautiful. It goes very creamy and is very pigmented I got it for about $8 and this is like the ultimate fall and winter lip color. The next two are by Milani and I know many of you already have these shades because they are the perfect red and burgundy colors. They give you that dark lip that everyone wants. I have my two in the shade Black Cherry and Cabert Blend. Milani does have really great lipsticks and these will forever be my favorite out of all other lip collections. I mean for $5 they are truly great and worth it. I highly recommend you pick these up and try them out. You won't be disappointed.


Left, Espresso Exposed, Center Black Cherry, Right Cabaret Blend.


I hope you guys enjoy my version of Winter Must Haves. These are my personal favorite items for the season. I really enjoyed getting this together for you guys and I would love to see what you have as your Winter Must Haves, tweet me or tag me on Instagram so I could get some recommendations from you guys.

Until Next Time Dolls

Xoxo___ Kris !!


__________________________________________________________________________

Faux Fur Vest :

http://www.rainbowshops.com/Solid-Longline-Shaggy-Faux-Fur-Vest-With-Concealed-Hook-Closures/3125072348525,default,pd.html

Open Front Cardigan :  They do not carry the brown color anymore but they have a bigger selection now.

http://www.rainbowshops.com/Marled-Open-Front-Cardigan-Sweater-with-Shawl-Collar/3022038345211,default,pd.html

Ear Warmer :

http://www.rainbowshops.com/Two-Tone-Lurex-Bow-Headband-Ear-Warmer/1183067444503,default,pd.html

Uggs :

http://www.uggaustralia.com/women-boots/classic-short/5825.html?dwvar_5825_color=BJY

Handbag:  Sold out at the moment

http://www.hm.com/us/product/19125?article=19125-C

Urban Decay Setting Spray:

http://www.sephora.com/all-nighter-long-lasting-makeup-setting-spray-P263504?skuId=1476142&icid2=ud_lp_top10_carousel_brand%3Aurban%20decay_p263504_image

L'Oréal True Match Lumi :

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Face/Foundation/True-Match-Lumi-Healthy-Luminous-Makeup.aspx?shade=True-Beige

EX1 Inviswear:

http://www.lookfantastic.com/ex1-cosmetics-invisiwear-liquid-foundation-30ml-various-shades/10789049.html

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips:

https://colourpop.com/product/lax/

https://colourpop.com/product/tulle/

Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs:

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-Makeup/Lip-Color/Color-Sensational-The-Buffs.aspx

Milani Color Statement Lipstick: Hover over the colors to find the shades Cabaret Blend and Black Cherry


** For the Holidays to earn cash back on all purchases shop through ebates for the holidays many of the companys are having double cash back !! Earn $10 when you sign up !! *** When it asks if you were referred please enter Ms.KristineJackson@gmail.com 

5 comments:

  1. Love this ! The best is so cute I think I have one just like that ! As for the makeup , loreal lumi products are my favs !! Great post girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu and yes I think l'oreal is the best drugstore brand hands down they just get it done ! And Lol I want to get another vest I was never really into them but when I saw that color I was like omg I need it because it matches my phone plus I thought the color was different and it would pop with my skin tone .

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm personally a big fan of kristinejackson0 blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete